Thursday, June 5, 2014

Harajuku Geisha




Title: 
 Harajuku Geisha (The Old Meets The New)
The Story Behind The Art:  This is another piece for my ongoing Geisha series. (See the definition below for this theme's inspiration.)  I wanted to show a modern day version of the Geisha contrasted with the old and Harajuku girls were the perfect juxtaposition. The face is loosely based on the singer Bjork, she has an impish quality which has always called to me. Not to mention, I love her music and persona.
Geisha – The word consists of two kanji, 芸 (gei) meaning “art” and 者 (sha) meaning “person” or “doer”. The most literal translation of geisha into English would be “artist,” “performing artist,” or “artisan.”
...............
Many works are for sale or are available for exhibition. 
Please email me for details through my website at  - www.patrushka.net 
...............


...............

No comments:

Post a Comment